Nursing: A Concept-Based Approach to Learning, Volume I (2nd Edition)
On Sale Now! Save 6% on the 1: Nursing: A Concept-Based Approach to Learning, Volume I (2nd Edition) by Pearson at Diseasome. MPN: colour illustrations, colour tables, fig. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. NOTE:This product does not include an Access code. The state-of-the-art concept-based, student-centered introduction to nursing: first of three
NOTE:This product does not include an Access code.
The state-of-the-art concept-based, student-centered introduction to nursing: first of three volumes, focused on 21 indispensable biophysical concepts.
Today, nurses must be able to transfer their knowledge to new situations, and stay current with new disorders, treatments, and evidence-based practice. Nursing: A Concept—Based Approach to Learning, Volume I, Second Edition will help them achieve all these goals. Its concept-based approach requires students to participate actively, assume more responsibility for their knowledge, integrate concepts, apply information, and use clinical reasoning. Instead of memorizing thousands of alterations, students gain in-depth knowledge of selected alterations, and learn how to apply that knowledge as new challenges and client presentations come their way. The first of two volumes, this fully-updated Volume I focuses on 21 crucial biophysical concepts: acid-base balance; cellular regulation; comfort; digestion; elimination; fluids/electrolytes; health, wellness, and illness; immunity; infection; inflammation; intracranial regulation; metabolism; mobility; nutrition; oxygenation; perfusion; perioperative care; sensory perception; sexuality; thermoregulation, and tissue integrity. These concepts are illuminated with nearly 100 exemplars covering the entire lifespan.
CONSISTENT PEDAGOGY FOR IMPROVED KNOWLEDGE RETENTION: The textbook series has an updated concept-level template that presents each concept and exemplar in the same manner:
Each CONCEPT follows the following template:
Normal Presentation - Developmental Considerations - Alterations - Related Concepts - Physical Assessment - Diagnostic Tests - Interventions & Therapies
Each EXEMPLAR follows the following template:
Overview - Pathophysiology and Etiology - Clinical Manifestations and Therapies - Nursing Process - Nursing Care Plan - Relate and Reflect
Teaching and Learning Experience
This concept-based, student-centered text will help nurses master the essential biophysical concepts of nursing, and apply critical thinking to deepen and extend this knowledge throughout their nursing careers.
- Concept-based approach helps students synthesize today's most important nursing concepts, and extend their knowledge as new evidence and standards of practice arise: Replaces rote memorization with a deeper understanding of the most crucial concepts, supported with exceptionally relevant and useful examples, and the critical thinking skills needed to extend them
- Up-to-date, thorough coverage of the 21 most crucial biophysical concepts every nurse should understand: Shows how core concepts recur throughout multiple body systems and alterations, providing a foundation for students to extend their learning throughout their careers
- Multiple pedagogical features to promote more effective learning: State-of-the-art teaching features make key concepts more accessible and intuitively understandable
- NEW! The cover of the textbook no longer references North Carolina which reflects the more nationally-focused approach in the second edition
- NEW! More equal distribution of content between volumes 1 and 2 so that there is no longer such a significant difference in the sizes of each volume. Reproduction and psycho-social concepts are now printed in volume 2.
- NEW! "Concepts Related To” tables appear in each module and demonstrate for students how concepts are integrated.
- NEW! Case Studies appear in each module. Modules in Parts I — III contain a three-part longitudinal case study to help students apply the content.
- NEW! Community-Based Care features are designed to show how nurses can help their clients manage their care in the community.
- THREE (3) NEW CONCEPTS:
- PERIOPERATIVE CARE
- DIGESTION, includes the following exemplars:
- –Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease–Hepatitis–Malabsorption Disorders–Pancreatitis–Pyloric Stenosis
- SIX (6) NEW EXEMPLARS:
- Diabetes in Children (in METABOLISM Concept)Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood (In the MOOD AND AFFECT Concept)The Nursing Plan of Care and Prioritizing Care (In CLINICAL DECISION-MAKING Concept)Groups and Group Communication (in the COMMUNICATION Concept)Just Culture in the module on Legal IssuesSafety Considerations Across the Life Span and Workplace Safety (in SAFETY Concept)
|Part Number:||colour illustrations, colour tables, fig|
|MPN:||colour illustrations, colour tables, fig|
|Item Weight:||7.72 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.3 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||7.72 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.8 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches|