Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care
Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care by Brand: Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The only respiratory care text devoted exclusively to patient assessment! By performing a thorough patient assessment, you’ll be able to assist
The only respiratory care text devoted exclusively to patient assessment! By performing a thorough patient assessment, you’ll be able to assist physicians in the decision-making process regarding treatment, in evaluating the treatment’s effectiveness, and in determining if changes in the treatment need to be made. The book’s comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects and topics of assessment. This edition is streamlined to emphasize learning objectives. And you can prepare for the CRT exam more effectively with the new NBRC Exam Matrix Correlation Guide!
- A comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects of assessment, so you can assess patients effectively.
- Additional Questions to Ask About boxes list questions that you should ask patients (e.g., coughing, sputum, shortness of breath) or ask yourself (e.g., lung sounds you are hearing, blood pressure, respiratory rate).
- Learning objectives, chapter outlines, chapter overviews, and key terms lists begin each chapter, preparing you for the key topics and content you will learn.
- Key Point summaries and assessment questions reflect and emphasize the key information identified in the learning objectives.
- Answers to assessment questions help you review by including rationales and page references to the textbook, by reflecting the NBRC format, and by supporting learning objectives.
- Enhanced Simply Stated boxes emphasize important concepts.
- Additional case studies help you apply chapter content to clinical scenarios.
- Content from the text is related to the NBRC exam matrix for the CRT exam on a companion Evolve website, helping you better prepare for the difficult board exams.
- A new Neurological Assessment chapter focuses on conscious sedation.
- A discussion of health literacy addresses the importance of determining the patient’s level of understanding when conducting a patient assessment.
- Discussions of the assessment of the obese patient prepare you for some of the unique challenges related to assessing obese patients (e.g., the physical exam and chest x-ray).
- Key Point summaries in every chapter emphasize the learning objectives and provide an easy-to-find overview.
- A list of abbreviations common to assessment is included on the inside of the cover for quick reference.
- Procedure checklists for common assessment procedures are included in a new appendix, with PDFs of the forms available on the Evolve website.
|Item Weight:||2.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.2 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: Mosby
ean: 9780323010757, isbn: 032301075X,
Focusing on assessment through therapist-driven protocols, this valuable tool provides an overview of the assessment process and fundamentals needed for success. It offers discussion of the top five treatment protocols: oxygen, hyperinflation , bronc...
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ean: 9781449946890, isbn: 1449946895,
R. D. Martin, who has lived with COPD for over two decades, has authored The Complete Guide to Understanding and Living with COPD: From a COPDer's Perspective, a survival and self-help guide that goes far beyond clinical information and into the hea...
mpn: 588, ean: 9781451184082, isbn: 1451184085,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Fundamentals of High Resolution Lung CT presents a simple and ...
By McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
ean: 9780071447379, isbn: 0071447377,
Learn asthma care essentials -- from top experts at the Partners Asthma Center "This book teaches physicians and other healthcare professionals how to recognize and treat asthma exacerbations and was inspired by patients and their experiences with th...
ean: 9781496347480, isbn: 149634748X,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Prepare for the thoracic imaging component of the new radiolog...
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9781455704293, isbn: 1455704296,
This issue provides valuable information on the many different pulmonary concerns that arise in pregnancy. Topics include: Radiation in pregnancy, Pharmacotherapy in pregnancy and lactation; Respiratory physiology; Asthma in pregnancy; Cystic Fibrosi...
mpn: 9780781774314, ean: 9780781774314, isbn: 0781774314,
Since 1940, when Dr. J.C. Boileau Grant created the first lab manual based on Grant's method of dissection, Grant's Dissector has clearly established its authority and preeminence as the "gold standard" of gross anatomy dissection manuals. In the l...
sku: SN-08072012-6644, mpn: illustrations, ean: 9780803613744, isbn: 0803613741,
Now edited by a pulmonologist, the 3rd edition is still one of the most well-written texts for students learning to understand the assessment and treatment of patients with respiratory disease. Each chapter begins with a background of selected disord...
mpn: biography, ean: 9783211887288, isbn: 3211887288,
During the past decades, "Dynamics of the singing voice" has successfully been established as a reference text for teachers of singing, singers, choral conductors and organists, speech and voice therapists, laryngologists and other health professiona...
ean: 9780470656198, isbn: 0470656190,
Chest X-rays for Medical Students is a unique teaching andlearning resource that offers students, junior doctors, traineeradiologists, nurses, physiotherapists and nurse practitioners abasic understanding of the principles of chest radiology. Provide...