Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 20% on the Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants by Saunders at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Learn the foundational concepts and skills necessary to become a successful clinical medical assistant! Written using clear and accessible language,
Learn the foundational concepts and skills necessary to become a successful clinical medical assistant! Written using clear and accessible language, Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 10th Edition guides you through common office procedures such as taking vital signs, collecting and processing lab specimens, preparing patients for examinations, and assisting with office surgeries. This new edition is thoroughly updated throughout and includes content on elephant system for ear irrigation, influenza test, h. pylori test, digital scale for measuring weight, administration of rotavirus vaccine, along with new chapters on nutrition, emergency preparedness, and the medical record. Plus, with the addition of soft skills, and critical thinking exercises, this comprehensive text introduces you the skills you need to succeed in today’s fast-paced medical office.
- UPDATED procedural photos provides you with the most current pictures of how to perform important clinical medical assisting procedures.
- Detailed learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter align with respective procedures to help guide you through the learning process (and ensure that you learned everything you should from the chapter).
- Over 120 procedures presented in a clear, illustrated, step-by-step format, with online videos showing 84 of the procedures in action.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website offer a fun way for you to practice your medical assisting knowledge with animations, games matching exercises, and other interactive activities.
- Chapter outlines and learning objectives prepare you for the skills and concepts you will be learning.
- Charting examples help you understand the process for charting your own procedures.
- Patient Teaching boxes prepares you for effective communication, with detailed instructions on how to answer questions and how to explain medical concepts and procedures.
- What Would You Do? What Would You Not Do? case studies challenge you to apply yourr knowledge to realistic medical office situations ― with a practitioner's response at the end of chapters.
- Putting It All Into Practice and Memories from Practicum boxes feature real medical assistants sharing personal, on-the-job experiences.
- Glossary of key terms gives you a quick reference guide for important terms and concepts.
- NEW! Chapter on nutrition focuses on everything a medical assistant should know about the important field of nutrition.
- NEW! Chapter on emergency preparedness focuses on everything a medical assistant needs to know about emergency preparedness in the medical office.
- UPDATED chapter on emergency procedures and first aid ensures you have the most up-to-date information on this vital trend.
- UPDATED chapter on the medical record reviews how the MA maintains and interacts with the medical record.
- UPDATED content on the latest products and tests used in the medical office includes elephant system for ear irrigation, influenza test, digital scale for measuring weight, administration of rotavirus vaccine, procedure for measuring BP using an automatic BP cuff, and the new hazardous communication standard.
- NEW! SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO) connection ties Elsevier’s Educational EHR cases to the appropriate chapters and provides cohesion for the total curriculum solution.
- NEW! New certification examination review on Evolve help you use the textbook when studying for certification and will help you to create a study plan.
- NEW! Professionalism and soft skills content emphasizes importance of professional interaction with patients and co-workers.
|Item Size:||1.75 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.98 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.43 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Saunders, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
ean: 9780323473842, isbn: 0323473849,
Administrative Medical Assisting begins with Kinn! Elsevier's "Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 13th Edition" provides you with the real-world administrative skills that are essential to working in the modern medical office. An applied ...
By National Center for Competency Testing
ean: 9781938354007, isbn: 1938354001,
Practice tests are a great way to prepare you for the certification exam. This 75-question test provides questions that come from the same question banks that were used to develop the Medical Assistant review book and the national certification exami...
ean: 9781622540617, isbn: 1622540611,
The 2017 Coders Desk Reference for Diagnoses provides thousands of clinical descriptions of diseases, disease processes, injuries, poisonings, and other conditions to help both novices and seasoned coders attain the knowledge and skill necessary to a...
By Delmar Cengage Learning
ean: 9781305944329, isbn: 1305944321,
MEDICAL ASSISTING EXAM REVIEW ONLINE (MAERO) 2.0 helps you improve your scores while lowering test-taking stress. Mapped against current certification standards from the AAMA, AMT, and NCCT, MAERO 2.0 features a database of more than 2,000 questions ...
By THE CODING INSTITUTE
ean: 9781635271836, isbn: 1635271835,
Turbocharge your productivity with fast and accurate coding as effortless as turning a page! Streamline your podiatry procedures coding with the ingeniously designed Coders' Specialty Guide 2018: Podiatry. ONE CODE PER PAGE Coding just got easy wi...
By THE CODING INSTITUTE
ean: 9781630129064, isbn: 1630129062,
SuperCoder Illustrated for Pain Management is now Coders' Specialty Guide 2017: Pain ManagementYour Indispensable Resource for Coding Pain Management Procedures Is your pain management practice ready for hundreds of new and revised 2017 CPT® and HC...
ean: 9781622543021, isbn: 1622543025,
Consolidate the coding process with the Coding Companion, your one-stop resource developed exclusively for those who code for primary care, pediatrics and emergency medicine. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide includes 2018 CPT®, HCPCS, and IC...
ean: 9781622542147, isbn: 1622542142,
The Coding from the Operative Report for ICD-10-CM and -PCS is an ideal resource for your inpatient coders to test their ICD-10-CM and PCS coding skills with detailed, inpatient cases. Your coding staff will be able to practice with these real-life o...
ean: 9781622542956, isbn: 1622542959,
Interventional radiology and cardiology coding can baffle even the most experienced coders. Developed to simplify coding for imaging-assisted surgical services, the Complete Guide for Interventional Radiology is a resource that provides specific dire...
ean: 9781622543670, isbn: 162254367X,
Please note: In order to ship the ICD-10-CM Expert for SNF, IRF and Inpatient Hospice to you before the October 1st implementation date, this version of the book does not contain the updated Official Guidelines due to a CMS delay. Clients will have a...