Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 6e
Super Savings Item! Save 31% on the Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 6e by Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A comprehensive guide to oral surgery procedures, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 6th Edition enhances your skills in evaluation,
A comprehensive guide to oral surgery procedures, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 6th Edition enhances your skills in evaluation, diagnosis, and patient management. Full-color photographs and drawings show how to perform basic surgical techniques, and an overview of more advanced surgical procedures includes guidelines on when to refer patients to specialists and how to provide supportive postoperative care. This edition also includes the latest developments in dental implants, instrumentation, and current technology. Written by well-known OMS educators James R. Hupp, Myron R. Tucker, and Edward Ellis III, this book is a valuable reference for any dental office.
- Complex Exodontia chapter describes techniques for surgical tooth extraction, including the principles of flap design, development, management, and suturing, as well as open extraction of single- and multi-rooted teeth, multiple extractions, and concomitant alveoloplasty.
- Management of Medical Emergencies chapter helps you prepare for, prevent, and manage the most common emergencies that may occur in the dental office setting.
- Management of Facial Fractures chapter outlines the fundamental principles for evaluation and treatment of the patient with facial trauma.
- Infection Control chapter describes proper cleaning and sterilization of office environment, working surfaces, armamentarium, and personnel to help you prevent the injuries and illnesses that result from improper sterilizing and disinfecting.
- Convenient appendices offer quick access to resources such as current price lists for key instruments, office record tips, sample drug schedules, examples of prescriptions, and consent forms.
- UPDATED content on implants, new instruments, and the latest technology help you treat your patients more effectively.
- UPDATED Implant Treatment information is divided into two new chapters, one on basic concepts and techniques for clinical situations where adequate bone and soft tissue exists and implants can be placed into a well-healed area of bone, and another chapter on more complex concepts focusing on cases that require immediate implant placement and cases where bone and soft tissue augmentation may be required.
- UPDATED Facial Cosmetic Surgery chapter is organized by nonsurgical and surgical procedures, covering popular procedures such as dermal fillers, botox, facial resurfacing, browlift and forehead procedures, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, and rhytidectomy.
- UPDATED Medicolegal Considerations chapter reviews concepts of liability, risk management, methods of risk reduction, and actions that should be taken if a malpractice suit is filed against the dentist or a dentist’s employee.
- UPDATED Correction of Dentofacial Deformities chapter includes new information on conventional treatment planning, image prediction, and 3D virtual computerized surgical planning.
- UPDATED Surgical Reconstruction of Defects of the Jaws chapter includes new information on Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMPs).
|Item Weight:||5.15 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||5.2 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.7 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 9780323414999, ean: 9780323414999, isbn: 0323414990,
This trusted, three-volume resource covers the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of surgical procedures performed today.NEW! Full color design provides a more vivid depiction of pathologies, concept...
ean: 9780323171267, isbn: 0323171265,
Organized around real patient scenarios, Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: A Case-based Approach, 2nd Edition, covers all the material you need to know for the board, in-service, and certification exams, while also preparing you to h...
mpn: Approx. 4400 illustrations (4400 in full, ean: 9781455753284, isbn: 1455753289,
Enhance your OMS surgical skills with Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery! This practical guide, written by respected international contributors and edited by OMS experts Deepak Kademani and Paul Tiwana, offers detailed, step-by-step instructions...
By Brand: Quintessence Pub Co
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9780867155068, isbn: 086715506X,
This exceptional new book is designed as a self-instruction guide to the diagnosis, management, and prevention of surgery-related complications in implant dentistry. It functions in two ways: First, it is a valuable resource for the implant surgeon s...
By Quintessence Pub Co
mpn: col. Illustrations, ean: 9781850972266, isbn: 1850972265,
In this stunning book, the authors blend scientific knowledge and practical experience to provide a comprehensive overview of the principles, indications, and clinical techniques of plastic-esthetic periodontal and implant microsurgery, focusing espe...
By Brand: Wiley-Blackwell
ean: 9781405180696, isbn: 1405180692,
Clinical Sedation in Dentistry is a comprehensive textbook on the principles and practice of clinical sedation in dentistry, written by experienced educators and internationally renowned researchers in the field. Chapters cover the following key topi...