Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care
Blowout Sale! Save 67% on the Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care by Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A leader in respiratory care education for more than 35 years, this comprehensive textbook lays a strong foundation for a successful career. You'll
A leader in respiratory care education for more than 35 years, this comprehensive textbook lays a strong foundation for a successful career. You'll gain a thorough understanding of the role of respiratory therapists (RTs), a scientific basis for treatment, and clinical applications. In-depth discussions progress from the principles of respiratory care to applied anatomy and physiology, assessment, discussion of specific respiratory illnesses, basic therapy, acute and critical care, and preventive and long-term care. Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) and Therapist Driven Protocols (TDPs) in appropriate chapters familiarize you with patient care guidelines and decision trees as they are used in practice.
- A full-color format makes the text easier to read and brings out key detail in the illustrations.
- Mini-Clinis provide short vignettes applying content in the text to actual patient care, asking you to think critically on problems you may encounter.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) cover the steps of patient care with important information on indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) provide decision trees developed by hospitals, helping you to assess patients, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes.
- Rules of Thumb highlights rules, formulas, and key points important to clinical practice.
- Measurable Learning Objectives parallel the areas tested by the NBRC exam, helping you identify important information that goes beyond memorization and recall.
- Key Point summaries in bulleted format help you clearly identify key concepts covered in each chapter.
- A Workbook includes a wide range of activities such as NBRC-type multiple-choice questions, case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities, allowing you to apply the knowledge you've gained from the text.
- New History of Respiratory Care chapter describes the evolution and challenges of this profession.
- Updated content reflects changes in the field, with additions to the text including:
- More coverage of evidence-based care
- Information on HIPAA
- A discussion of computer applications in a health care setting
- An emphasis on how nutrition impacts the respiratory system
- The role of the respiratory therapist in disease management is discussed in the Cardiopulmonary Diseases section.
- A new appendix cross-references the NBRC examination matrices for the CRT and RRT to content in the book, making it easier to prepare for the NBRC exams.
- New editor Robert Kacmarek, a well-known figure in respiratory care, has joined Robert Wilkins and James Stoller.
|Item Weight:||6.22 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 11.25 x 11.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||6.22 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.66 x 1.89 x 1.89 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: Mosby
ean: 9781416059233, isbn: 1416059237,
The only respiratory care text devoted exclusively to patient assessment! By performing a thorough patient assessment, you’ll be able to assist physicians in the decision-making process regarding treatment, in evaluating the treatment’s effective...
By Brand: Mosby
ean: 9780323010757, isbn: 032301075X,
Focusing on assessment through therapist-driven protocols, this valuable tool provides an overview of the assessment process and fundamentals needed for success. It offers discussion of the top five treatment protocols: oxygen, hyperinflation , bronc...
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ean: 9781449946890, isbn: 1449946895,
R. D. Martin, who has lived with COPD for over two decades, has authored The Complete Guide to Understanding and Living with COPD: From a COPDer's Perspective, a survival and self-help guide that goes far beyond clinical information and into the hea...
mpn: 588, ean: 9781451184082, isbn: 1451184085,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Fundamentals of High Resolution Lung CT presents a simple and ...
By McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
ean: 9780071447379, isbn: 0071447377,
Learn asthma care essentials -- from top experts at the Partners Asthma Center "This book teaches physicians and other healthcare professionals how to recognize and treat asthma exacerbations and was inspired by patients and their experiences with th...
ean: 9781496347480, isbn: 149634748X,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Prepare for the thoracic imaging component of the new radiolog...
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9781455704293, isbn: 1455704296,
This issue provides valuable information on the many different pulmonary concerns that arise in pregnancy. Topics include: Radiation in pregnancy, Pharmacotherapy in pregnancy and lactation; Respiratory physiology; Asthma in pregnancy; Cystic Fibrosi...
mpn: 9780781774314, ean: 9780781774314, isbn: 0781774314,
Since 1940, when Dr. J.C. Boileau Grant created the first lab manual based on Grant's method of dissection, Grant's Dissector has clearly established its authority and preeminence as the "gold standard" of gross anatomy dissection manuals. In the l...
sku: SN-08072012-6644, mpn: illustrations, ean: 9780803613744, isbn: 0803613741,
Now edited by a pulmonologist, the 3rd edition is still one of the most well-written texts for students learning to understand the assessment and treatment of patients with respiratory disease. Each chapter begins with a background of selected disord...
mpn: biography, ean: 9783211887288, isbn: 3211887288,
During the past decades, "Dynamics of the singing voice" has successfully been established as a reference text for teachers of singing, singers, choral conductors and organists, speech and voice therapists, laryngologists and other health professiona...