Fundamentals of Nursing
Super Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 39% on the Fundamentals of Nursing by Mosby at Diseasome. MPN: colour tables. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. It’s your complete guide to nursing ― from basic concepts to essential skills! Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition prepares you to succeed as a
It’s your complete guide to nursing ― from basic concepts to essential skills! Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition prepares you to succeed as a nurse by providing a solid foundation in critical thinking, evidence-based practice, nursing theory, and safe clinical care in all settings. With illustrated, step-by-step guidelines, this book makes it easy to learn important skills and procedures. Care plans are presented within a nursing process framework, and case studies show how to apply concepts to nursing practice. From an expert author team led by Patricia Potter and Anne Griffin Perry, this bestselling nursing textbook helps you develop the understanding and clinical reasoning you need to provide excellent patient care.
- 51 skills demonstrations provide illustrated, step-by-step instructions for safe nursing care ― and include rationales for each step.
- 29 procedural guidelines provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show how to apply the nursing process and critical thinking to achieve successful clinical outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter shows how nursing research helps in determining best practices.
- UNIQUE! Caring for the Cancer Survivor chapter prepares nurses to care for cancer patients who may still face physical and emotional issues.
- Case studies include unique clinical application questions and exercises, allowing you to practice using care plans and concept maps.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care, and is demonstrated in more than 20 care plans.
- 15 review questions in every chapter test your retention of key concepts, with answers available in the book and on the Evolve companion website.
- Practical study tools on Evolve include video clips of skills, skills checklists, printable key points, a fluid & electrolytes tutorial, a concept map creator, an audio glossary, and more.
- UNIQUE! Clear, streamlined writing style makes complex material more approachable.
- More than 20 concept maps show care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- Key points and key terms in each chapter summarize important content for more efficient review and study.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill alert you to potential problems and appropriate nursing actions.
- Delegation coverage clarifies which tasks can and cannot be delegated.
- A glossary provides quick access to definitions for all key terms.
- UPDATED! Patient Safety and Quality chapter describes how quality and safety apply to the nurse, and includes a new skill on fall prevention in healthcare settings.
- NEW content addresses the Affordable Care Act, patients’ perspectives on hospital care as measured by HCAHPS surveys, health disparities and vulnerable populations, compassion fatigue, pain assessment, patient education techniques like teach-back, new equipment, Healthy People 2020, and more.
- NEW! Additional alternate-item review questions include at least four alternate-item questions ― multiple select, sequencing/priority, delegation, hot-spot images, and fill-in-the blank for medications ― for every chapter.
- Expanded Building Competency boxes help you apply QSEN (Quality & Safety Education for Nurses) competencies to realistic clinical situations.
- UPDATED! Unique Evidence-Based Practice boxes in every chapter include a PICO question ― the Problem, Intervention, Comparison, and Outcome ― and summarize a research study along with its application to nursing practice.
- Over 100 NEW photos clarify procedures and familiarize you with the latest clinical equipment.
|Part Number:||colour tables|
|Item Weight:||6.15 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 11.25 x 11.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||5.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||9 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Lewis Sharon L
mpn: 9780323328524, ean: 9780323328524, isbn: 0323328520,
Awarded first place in the 2017 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the Medical-Surgical Nursing category. Learn how to become an exceptional caregiver in today’s evolving healthcare environment! Written by a dedicated team of expert authors led by Shar...
mpn: 41845817, ean: 9780071802154, isbn: 0071802150,
The landmark guide to internal medicine―updated and streamlined for today’s students and cliniciansA Doody's Core Title for 2017!All eChapters in the Nineteenth Edition are accessible online as well as on the DVD packaged within the print volum...
By Limmer Daniel
mpn: 9780134024554, ean: 9780134024554, isbn: 0134024559,
For courses in Emergency Medical Technician Training and Emergency Medical Services Help students think like EMTs with the gold standard for EMT training For over 30 years, Emergency Care has provided generations of EMT students with the prac...
mpn: BKPHYEXA8TH9XOP, ean: 9780323112406, isbn: 0323112404,
With a strong patient-centered approach to care and an author team comprised of nurses and physicians, Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 8th Edition, addresses teaching and learning health assessment in nursing, medical, and a wide variety of...
By Orsay Jonayhan
ean: 9781893858831, isbn: 1893858839,
When it comes to the MCAT , the Examkrackers 10th Edition Complete Study Package has everything you need for the MCAT . From a review of critical concepts to challenging practice problems, this comprehensive guide provides essential test-taking strat...
By Moore Medical
mpn: 15879, ean: 9780523232010, isbn: 0890425558,
DSM-5- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders- by APA, BRAND NEW...
ean: 9781506223957, isbn: 1506223958,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entities included with the product.Kaplan's MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2018-2019 offers an e...