Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 10% on the Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2) by McGraw-Hill Education / Medical at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. HARRISON’S IS MEDICINE!Introducing the Landmark Twentieth Edition of the Global Icon of Internal MedicineThe definitive guide to internal medicine
HARRISON’S IS MEDICINE!
Introducing the Landmark Twentieth Edition of the Global Icon of Internal Medicine
The definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state-of-the art radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, hundreds of demonstrative full-color drawings, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms
Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible.
Essential for practice and education, the landmark 20th Edition features:
- Thoroughly revised content―covering the many new breakthroughs and advances in clinical medicine that have occurred since the last edition of Harrison’s. Chapters on acute and chronic hepatitis, management of diabetes, immune-based therapies in cancer, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, HIV, and many more, deliver the very latest information on disease mechanisms, diagnostic options, and the specific treatment guidance you need to provide optimal patient care.
- State-of-the-art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision-making and higher value care, but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention. Harrison’s summarizes important new basic science developments, such as the role of mitochondria in programmed and necrotic cell death, the immune system’s role in cancer development and treatment, the impact of telomere shortening in the aging and disease processes, and the role of the microbiome in health and disease. Understanding the role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease, the precise mechanisms of immune deficiency in HIV/AIDS, prions and misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases, and obesity as a predisposition to diabetes are just a few examples of how this edition provides essential pathophysiology information for health professionals.
- All-new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Sex and Gender-based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and Metabolic Syndrome; and Consultative Medicine― Plus, a new Part covering cutting-edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Health and Disease, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Emerging Neuro-Therapeutic Technologies, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
- Important and timely new chapters―such as Promoting Good Health, LGBT Health, Systems of Healthcare, Approach to Medical Consultation, Pharmacogenomics, Antimicrobial Resistance, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more―offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must-know topics in medical education and practice.
- Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from world-renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the text material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient outcomes.
- End-of-chapter suggested readings reinforce the text material and provide a robust platform for further study and research.
|Manufacturer:||McGraw-Hill Education / Medical|
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Education / Medical|
|Studio:||McGraw-Hill Education / Medical|
|Package Weight:||1.11 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by McGraw-Hill Education / Medical, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: biography, ean: 9781461365600, isbn: 1461365600,
That geriatric cardiology has become a science and clinical discipline in its own rights is beyond dispute. Most cardiac disorders present with different symptoms and signs, require a different diagnostic and therapeutic approach, and also have a dif...
ean: 9780323583473, isbn: 0323583474,
Learn the what, how, and why of pathophysiology! With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 8th Edition helps you understand th...
By Brooks / Cole
ean: 9781305627994, isbn: 1305627997,
Build a healthier future with Sizer/Whitney's NUTRITION: CONCEPTS AND CONTROVERSIES! Updated throughout and featuring the new Dietary Guidelines, this clear and engaging market leader strikes the perfect balance of scientific research, core concepts...
By McGraw-Hill Education
ean: 9781259870514, isbn: 1259870510,
Drawing on psychology, family studies, sociology, communication studies, and neuroscience, Intimate Relationships is a comprehensive and current overview of relationship science, written in an engaging and accessible style. Supported by SmartBook™,...
By W. W. Norton & Company
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9780393938678, isbn: 0393938670,
One of the most successful cognitive psychology texts ever published: up-to-date, authoritative, and clearly written.Cognition uses the best of current research to help students think like psychologists and understand how cognitive psychology is rele...
By Worth Publishers
mpn: BKDISPSY7TH, ean: 9781464171055, isbn: 146417105X,
Sandra Hockenbury and new coauthor Susan Nolan’s remarkable textbook is grounded in the belief that all kinds of students can develop a real understanding of psychology and lasting scientific literacy. The authors act on that belief by using relata...
ean: 9780323463423, isbn: 0323463428,
Trusted by generations of cardiologists for the latest, most reliable guidance in the field, Braunwald’s Heart Disease, 11th Edition, remains your #1 source of information on rapidly changing clinical science, clinical and translational research, a...
By Wadsworth Pub Co
ean: 9781305628007, isbn: 1305628004,
Understand how diet impacts your health with NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE CYCLE, Sixth Edition! Based on the latest research available, this text explores the many ways nutrition impacts your growth, development, and normal functioning as you progress ...
ean: 9780321928924, isbn: 032192892X,
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLa...
ean: 9780134516233, isbn: 0134516230,
For courses in Nutrition for non¿-majors. Nutrition concepts applied to our daily lives Nutrition: An Applied Approach introduces non¿-majors to nutrition with an innovative format that promotes long-term learning without rote memorization. ...