Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology - Text and Study Guide Package, 8e
Free Shipping Included! Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology - Text and Study Guide Package, 8e by Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Edmunds helps you understand how drugs and drug classes work, rather than simply memorizing information about
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Edmunds helps you understand how drugs and drug classes work, rather than simply memorizing information about individual drugs. This book emphasizes the principles of safe drug administration, including coverage of math review and drug dosage calculation. It also covers "must-know drugs - the ones you'll see most often in clinical practice. A Companion CD includes Animations, Video Clips, interactive Drug Dosage Calculators, an Audio Glossary, and an expanded collection of Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN® Examination.
- A focus on understanding drug classes rather than memorizing individual drugs helps you understand the actions and uses of drug classes and provides a framework for safe, effective practice as new drugs are introduced and as existing drugs are withdrawn from the market.
- Full-color design includes 195 drawings and photographs.
- Coverage of math review and medication administration includes three chapters on math review and drug dosage calculation, to promote safe drug administration.
- Consistent chapter format covers each drug class in a practical format including Action, Uses, Adverse Reactions, Drug and Food Interactions, and Nursing Implications and Patient Teaching sections.
- Application of the nursing process to each drug class includes Assessment, Diagnosis, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, and Patient and Family Teaching.
- Key content is highlighted, as in all of Elsevier's LPN Threads textbooks, with features such as Memory Joggers, Clinical Goldmines, Clinical Landmines, Pediatric Considerations, and Complementary and Alternative Therapies boxes.
- Case Studies in all drug chapters offer practice in applying information to realistic clinical situations and help you prepare for the NCLEX-PN Examination.
- Drug Calculation Review questions reinforce your drug calculation and math skills in the context of clinical practice.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter promote higher-level thinking skills while reinforcing key concepts.
- Glossary includes all of the book's Key Terms plus additional terminology that will be helpful in clinical practice, with audio pronunciations on the Companion CD and Evolve website.
- Improved readability and clarity make the content easier than ever to learn.
- Unique! 30 "must-know" drugs - those most commonly prescribed - are highlighted with icons and listed inside the back cover for quick reference.
- Do-Not-Confuse Drug List, located inside the back cover for quick reference, helps you avoid drug errors with common look-alike/sound-alike drug names.
- Pharmacology and the Nursing Process in LPN/LVN Practice chapter focuses on today's LPN/LVN practice environment, including the increased levels of responsibility, increasing resource constraints, and common cultural misunderstandings.
- Coverage of patient teaching and cultural awareness now emphasizes pharmacology rather than disease processes, relating patient teaching, health literacy, and lifespan and cultural considerations to drug administration.
- Updated diabetes coverage reflects the latest developments in drug therapy for patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Coverage of obesity management is expanded to reflect the national emphasis on reducing obesity in favor of healthy lifestyles that reduce the risk of diabet
|Item Size:||1 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.91 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.94 x 0.94 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By CRC Press
mpn: 31 black & white illustrations, 25 black, ean: 9781841849195, isbn: 1841849197,
FDA Regulatory Affairs is a roadmap to prescription drug, biologics, and medical device development in the United States. Written in plain English, the concise and jargon-free text demystifies the inner workings of the US Food and Drug Administration...
By Academic Press
ean: 9780124046306, isbn: 0124046304,
Biomarkers in Toxicology is a timely and comprehensive reference dedicated to all aspects of biomarkers that relate to chemical exposure and their effects on biological systems. This book includes both vertebrate and non-vertebrate species models for...
By Brand: Jones n Bartlett Learning
ean: 9780763769123, isbn: 0763769126,
Drug Safety Data: How to Analyze, Summarize and Interpret to Determine Risk was selected for The First Clinical Research Bookshelf - Essential reading for clinical research professionals by the Journal of Clinical Research Best Practices.Drug Safety ...
By Cambridge University Press
ean: 9780521896665, isbn: 0521896665,
In recent years our understanding of molecular mechanisms of drug action and interindividual variability in drug response has grown enormously. Meanwhile, the practice of anesthesiology has expanded to the preoperative environment and numerous locati...
By Timothy Wencewicz Christopher Walsh
ean: 9781555819309, isbn: 1555819303,
A chemocentric view of the molecular structures of antibiotics, their origins, actions, and major categories of resistance Antibiotics: Challenges, Mechanisms, Opportunities focuses on antibiotics as small organic molecules, from both natural and syn...