Language Development From Theory to Practice (2nd Edition) (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
Free Shipping Included! Language Development From Theory to Practice (2nd Edition) (Communication Sciences and Disorders) by Turnbull, Khara L. Pence/ Justice, Laura M. at Diseasome. MPN: black & white halftones, black & white t. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A balanced and multidimensional survey of language development rich in learning tools and features. Language Development from Theory to
A balanced and multidimensional survey of language development rich in learning tools and features.
Language Development from Theory to Practice provides students with a user-friendly approach to key topics in language development, including research methods, theoretical perspectives, major language milestones from birth to adolescence, and language diversity and language disorders. The research based and theoretical foundation found in this engaging text is designed to prepare students for advanced study in subjects associated with language development by summarizing the various theoretical orientations that have guided research and practice. With an emphasis on the relevance of the material to students’ current and future experiences in clinical, educational, and research settings, this text also focuses on individual differences in language development, including those of children who are developing language in diverse cultures or who are developing language atypically.
· A balance of theory and practice provides students with a theoretical and scientific foundation to the study of language development and prepares them for advanced study in language development and related fields.
· A multidisciplinary focus allows readers to best understand the constantly evolving and diverse world of language development study
· Multicultural considerations in understanding language development promotes students’ awareness of the way culture interacts with language development for children from diverse backgrounds within and beyond North American communities.
· An emphasis on research familiarize students with the use of evidence-based practices as well as the most current empirical findings in children’s language achievements.
· A reader-friendly format and style promotes student learning with boldfaced terms, helpful figures and graphs, discussion questions, and an engaging writing style.
· Learning tools and features, include focus questions, chapter summaries, resource lists, boxed inserts.
· A companion website located at www.pearsonhighered.com/pence2e, offers students reflection questions, study items, and helpful website links to related sites of interest for further study.
· A CD-ROM that contains language samples of children from birth through 13 years of age and video clips of research paradigms used to learn about language development gives students an opportunity to hear and visualize language development and language development concepts.
|Brand:||Turnbull, Khara L. Pence/ Justice, Laura M.|
|Part Number:||black & white halftones, black & white t|
|MPN:||black & white halftones, black & white t|
|Item Weight:||1.6 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.3 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Turnbull, Khara L. Pence/ Justice, Laura M., contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Plural Publishing, Inc.
ean: 9781597566513, isbn: 1597566519,
Otology, Neurotology, and Skull Base Surgery: Clinical Reference Guide is a comprehensive guide designed for rapid clinical review. Written in a concise and approachable outline format, this text provides a condensed amount of high-yield information....
By Cengage Learning
sku: 9781435485327, ean: 9781435485327, isbn: 1435485327,
A GUIDE TO CLINICAL ASSESSMENT AND PROFESSIONAL REPORT WRITING IN SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY, 1E not only provides guidance for the often overwhelming process of assessing speech and language disorders but also offers robust diagnostic report writing ...
ean: 9780133351941, isbn: 0133351947,
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133783758. With its primary focus on language development, Born to Talk, 6/e pr...
By Brand: Hanen Centre
ean: 9780921145141, isbn: 0921145144,
More Than Words presents a step-by-step guide for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder in an extensive, practical, and user-friendly format. Strategies are drawn from current research to help children develop more advanced communication ...
ean: 9780205540532, isbn: 0205540538,
A detailed look at voice disorders that brings the knowledge of speech-language pathologists and medical professionals together for a fuller picture of causes, evaluation, and treatment. This book integrates a comprehensive and in-depth discu...
ean: 9780132582100, isbn: 0132582104,
An introduction to the fundamentals of linguistic phonetics filled with learning tools that focus on practical phonetic transcription skills. Through in-text exercises, this introductory text makes the learning of phonetics clear, systematic, and...
mpn: 54 black & white illustrations, 3 black, ean: 9781493926558, isbn: 1493926551,
This volume examines ways in which service delivery to individuals with autism can be improved from both ends of the basic-applied research spectrum. It introduces the concept of translational scholarship and examines real-world value in developing r...
ean: 9780138274375, isbn: 0138274371,
This comprehensive and highly-popular book is dedicated to the rehabilitation and habilation of the speech and hearing impaired. A solid foundation of anatomy and physiology are not the only things this book provides! also included are more advance...
By Parker, Frank/ Riley, Kathryn
mpn: black & white tables, diagrams, figures, ean: 9780137152049, isbn: 0137152043,
Linguistics for Non-Linguists is a highly readable introductory text that presents students with the basic elements of linguistics in a clear and concise style that any beginner will understand. This newly revised edition continues to expan...
By Brand: Cengage Learning
mpn: 9781418014940, ean: 9781418014940, isbn: 141801494X,
Widely recognized as one of the most valuable resources in speech-language pathology, the respected Hegde's PocketGuide to Treatment in Speech-Language Pathology is now in its third edition. Designed as a companion volume to the PocketGuide to Assess...