Comprehensively revised and expanded with vital new content, the second edition of Medical Acupuncture continues to explore the realistic integration of acupuncture into conventional medicine. Advocating the Western medical acupuncture approach (WMA), this science-based compendium provides the trained practitioner with all the latest research on the effectiveness of WMA and its associated mechanisms, techniques, clinical practice and evidence.
Medical Acupuncture demonstrates a variety of needling techniques and clinical applications within the context of WMA and its evolution from traditional Chinese acupuncture using current knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology alongside the principles of evidence-based medicine.
Split into seven sections the book begins by establishing the roots of WMA in the Introduction and then progresses on to describe the mechanisms of action in Section 2, including peripheral components of stimulation and evidence from neuroimaging. Sections 3 and 4 cover clinical approaches (eg, superficial needling, electroacupuncture, safety of acupuncture) and techniques related to acupuncture (TENS, laser therapy). Section 5 takes a closer look at the difficulties faced by trials and reviews while Section 6 goes on to showcase 21 clinical uses of WMA, ranging from chronic pain, mental health, obstetrics and primary care to sports medicine, respiratory conditions and neurology. The final reference section contains dermatome/myotome maps, meridian/channel charts and standard international nomenclature.
- Comprehensive coverage of the scientific evidence and clinical application of acupuncture in medicine
- Balances the genuine benefits of acupuncture against unfounded claims
- Presents a wide range of treatable conditions from psychiatry and palliative care through to the pain clinic and veterinary medicine
- Clinical points boxes highlight key knowledge and learning
- Illustrated with over 130 drawings and photographs
- Content restructure and overhaul with contributions from over 40 world leading experts
- Individual chapters on the use of acupuncture for a wide range of medical conditions including gynaecology and infertility, cancer and palliative care, drug dependence, obesity, sports medicine, dentistry and veterinary practice
- Updated with the latest scientific evidence
- Expanded information on neuroanatomical and neurophysiological considerations in relation to the mechanisms of acupuncture
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.91 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by imusti, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brand: Mosby
ean: 9780323056021, isbn: 0323056024,
With the combined expertise of leading hand surgeons and therapists, Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity, 6th Edition, by Drs. Skirven, Osterman, Fedorczyk and Amadio, helps you apply the best practices in the rehabilitation of hand, wrist...
mpn: Approx. 800 illustrations (600 in full c, ean: 9780323280464, isbn: 0323280463,
The most-trusted resource for physiatry knowledge and techniques, Braddom’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation remains an essential guide for the entire rehabilitation team. With proven science and comprehensive guidance, this medical reference b...
ean: 9783319394794, isbn: 3319394797,
This book presents recent research addressing the effects of different types of compression clothing on sport performance and recovery after exercise. It is also the first book that summarizes the effects of compression clothing on all main motor abi...