Be prepared to diagnose and manage any condition you encounter in your practice! This bestselling reference gives you direct access to a complete range of full-color clinical images and patient radiographs that illustrate the differentiating characteristics of lesions in the oral and maxillofacial region. Significantly revised and updated content throughout this edition brings you the latest information on the etiology, clinical features, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis of each disease entity, as well as cutting-edge topics such as bisphosphonate osteonecrosis, the oral complications associated with methamphetamine abuse, solitary fibrous tumors, gene mutation, and plasminogen deficiency.
- Over 1,300 clinical photos and radiographs, most in full color, facilitate identification and classification of lesions.
- Current concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect the oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment.
- Each chapter is logically organized by body system or disease group, enabling you to easily identify a specific condition.
- A comprehensive appendix of differential diagnosis among oral and maxillofacial disease processes helps you rule out invalid diagnoses.
- The bibliography divided by topic presented at the end of each chapter enables you to pursue supplemental literature.
- Highly accomplished authors and contributors with a broad range of clinical and classroom teaching experience provide well-balanced coverage of the entire subject.
- Chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow immediate access to specific topics.
- Over 200 new illustrations have been added to this popular, visual reference.
- A new section on bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis thoroughly explores and illustrates this recently identified complication resulting from medications used to prevent bone loss in patients with multiple myeloma, metastatic tumors, and osteoporosis.
- A new section about the oral complications of methamphetamine abuse details characteristic oral manifestations such as “meth mouth caries and factitial injuries.
- Expanded coverage of oral piercings, intraoral tattoos, and other body modifications includes unusual entities such as tongue splitting and charm needles.
- A new section on transient lingual papillitis sheds light on this common cause of transitory tongue irritation.
- A new section on solitary fibrous tumors familiarizes you with this popular designation for certain benign fibrous neoplasms.
- A new section on hypoplasminogenemia (ligneous conjunctivitis), or plasminogen deficiency, includes images from a patient case that illustrate the characteristic gingival lesions associated with this rare but fascinating systemic condition.
- A new section on hereditary mucoepithelial dysplasia describes the characteristic oral manifestations that can lead you to accurately diagnose this condition, potentially preventing a woman with this disorder from having cytologically unusual cells misdiagnosed as carcinoma on her cervical PAP smears.
- A new section discusses the clinical and microscopic features of chronic ulcerative stomatitis, an immune-mediated condition of the oral mucosa that presents with erosive lesions and is often mistaken for lichen planus.
- The chapter on Forensic Dentistry has been thoroughly revised and updated by leading forensic odontology author, Dr. Edward Herschaft, to include the latest information on this fascinating topic.
- Several chapters have been updated to include the most current knowledge of specific gene mutations associated with hereditary oral disorders.
|Item Weight:||6.78 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 11.25 x 11.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||6.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.8 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Saunders, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By W B Saunders Co
mpn: Approx. 1020 illustrations (810 in full, ean: 9780323297684, isbn: 0323297684,
Diagnose oral diseases quickly and accurately! Oral Pathology: Clinical Pathologic Correlations, 7th Edition presents diseases and conditions by appearance and presentation, so that you can easily identify and plan treatment for common oral and parao...
ean: 9781405149761, isbn: 1405149760,
This second edition of Essential Endodontology capitalizes on the book's position as the major scientific treatise in the field. It addresses the scientific basis of endodontology rather than majoring on didactic methods of treatment. The second edi...
By Brand: Quintessence Pub Co
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9780867155129, isbn: 0867155124,
This award-winning clinical text covers the vast array of conditions that oral and maxillofacial surgeons need to be prepared to identify and treat, ranging from common reactive disorders to carcinoma to rare salivary gland neoplasms to malignancies ...
ean: 9781405138895, isbn: 1405138890,
The second edition of Dental Caries: the Disease and its Clinical Management builds on the success of the prestigious first edition to present an unrivaled resource on cariology. The clinical thrust of the first edition is widened and strengthened to...