Comprehensive, cutting-edge content prepares you for today’s orthodontics! Orthodontics: Current Principles and Techniques, 6th Edition provides evidence-based coverage of orthodontic diagnosis, planning strategies, and treatment protocols, including esthetics, genetics, temporary anchorage devices, aligners, technology-assisted biomechanics, and much more. New to this edition is an Expert Consult website using videos and additional visuals to show concepts difficult to explain with words alone. Expert Consult also adds three online-only chapters, research updates, and a fully searchable version of the text. From respected editors Lee Graber, Robert Vanarsdall, Katherine Vig, and Greg Huang, along with a veritable Who’s Who of expert contributors, this classic reference has a concise, no-nonsense approach to treatment that makes it the go-to book for orthodontic residents and practitioners!
- Comprehensive coverage provides a one-stop resource for the field of orthodontics, including foundational theory and the latest on the materials and techniques used in today’s practice.
- Experienced, renowned editors lead a team of expert, international contributors, bringing the most authoritative clinical practice and supporting science from the best and brightest in the industry.
- More than 3,400 images include a mixture of radiographs, full-color clinical photos, and anatomic or schematic line drawings, showing examples of treatment, techniques, and outcomes.
- Extensive references make it easy to look up the latest in orthodontic research and evidence-based information, and all references also appear online.
- Detailed, illustrated case studies show the decision-making process, showing the consequences of various treatment techniques over time.
- NEW! Seven all-new chapters include Orthodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning with Cone-Beam Computed Tomography Imaging; Upper Airway, Cranial Morphology, and Sleep Apnea; Management of Impactions; Iatrogenic Effects of Orthodontic Appliances; Minimally and Non-Invasive Approaches to Accelerate Tooth Movement; Management of Dental Luxation and Avulsion Injuries in the Permanent Dentition; and Patient Management and Motivation for the Child and Adolescent Patient.
- NEW! Expert Consult website includes online-only chapters, instructional videos, many references linked to PubMed, and research updates including additional case studies.
- UPDATED CHAPTERS include Biomechanical Considerations with Temporary Anchorage Devices, Bonding in Orthodontics, Clear Aligner Treatment, Lingual Appliance Treatment, Psychological Aspects of Diagnosis and Treatment, Clinically Relevant Aspects of Dental Materials Science in Orthodontics, The Biologic Basis of Orthodontics, and more.
- New co-editor Greg J. Huang is joined by new contributors who are highly regarded experts within their respective subspecialties in orthodontics.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||6.83 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.82 x 1.81 x 1.81 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
ean: 9781118886120, isbn: 1118886127,
Recognizing and Correcting Developing Malocclusions: A Problem-Oriented Approach to Orthodontics provides an evidence-based approach to early treatment, an often-controversial topic. Based on decades of experience in clinical practice and education, ...
By Brand: Quintessence Pub Co
mpn: 821 illustrations, ean: 9780867155006, isbn: 0867155000,
The revised edition of this popular book presents a concise approach to the diagnosis and surgical treatment of patients with dentofacial deformities. In-depth chapters detail the treatment process of patient evaluation, analysis of diagnostic record...
By Quintessence Pub Co
mpn: 2198 illustrations, ean: 9780867156515, isbn: 0867156511,
All orthodontic treatment modalities can be improved by the application of sound biomechanics, yet most orthodontic therapy today is delivered without consideration of forces or force systems. Orthodontic hardware itself is only a means to an end poi...
mpn: 35482571, ean: 9780323082204, isbn: 0323082203,
Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this classic text helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal,...