Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 20% on the Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook by Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This portable, photographic guide for nurse practitioners describes how to develop the unique range of skills required to assess children of all
This portable, photographic guide for nurse practitioners describes how to develop the unique range of skills required to assess children of all ages. Not often learned in the context of adult assessment, these skills help in easily and effectively examining children from childbirth through young adulthood. System chapters begin with the development of the fetus and take the reader through the key developmental stages of childhood. For infants and young children, this guide uses the "quiet-to-active" approach, popular among pediatric experts and more effective than the traditional head-to-toe approach.
- Over 200 photos and line drawings allow the reader to learn visually.
- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to pediatric examination, starting with listening and moving on to touching.
- Unique coverage of assessment of the preterm infant.
- Environmental Health History chapter covers the assessment of environmental risk factors in children.
- Quick-reference text boxes focus on abnormal conditions.
- Information Gathering boxes display questions and data needed from the patient/guardian.
- Key Points emphasize developmental and cultural factors in assessing a child.
- Charting examples show how to record physical findings in the medical record.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight key physical findings and techniques to improve pediatric examinations.
- An easy-access two-column style provides concise information.
Features & Highlights
- This portable, photographic guide for nurse practitioners describes how to develop the unique range of skills required to assess children of all ages
- Over 200 photos and line drawings allow the reader to learn visually
- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to pediatric examination, starting with listening and moving on to touching
- Environmental Health History chapter covers the assessment of environmental risk factors in children
- Pediatric Pearls highlight key physical findings and techniques to improve pediatric examinations
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 8.75 x 8.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.2 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Springer Publishing Company
ean: 9780826131966, isbn: 0826131964,
Written for neonatal nurses and NICU clinicians, this innovative book provides evidence-based guidelines and clinical practice recommendations that have been proven to mitigate the trauma experience of the hospitalized infant–family dyad. Including...
By American Academy of Pediatrics
ean: 9781610021753, isbn: 1610021754,
This fully revised and updated resource helps teachers and caregivers address the challenges of caring for children with chronic health conditions and special health care needs in child care and school settings. The health issues covered include chro...
By Springer Publishing Company
ean: 9780826151070, isbn: 0826151078,
A compendium of prescribing information for more than 450 diagnoses!Organized alphabetically by diagnosis for speedy access to essential information, this point-of-care prescribing resource is designed for advanced health care providers in all settin...
By F.A. Davis Company
sku: EN-120630-04602, ean: 9780803623323, isbn: 0803623321,
A DAVIS’S NOTES BOOK!Here’s the essential clinical information needed to care for obstetric, gynecological, newborn, and pediatric patients in any setting. The 2nd Edition of this popular pocket guide has been thoroughly revised and updated to re...
By Springer Publishing Company
mpn: black & white tables, ean: 9780826168825, isbn: 0826168825,
This convenient and easy-to-use orientation reference and care guide provides new neonatal nurses and their preceptors with the core information they need to provide all aspects of safe, effective, holistic care to newborn infants and their families....
mpn: 9780323262101, ean: 9780323262101, isbn: 0323262104,
Effectively diagnose and manage children with congenital and acquired heart disease by consulting the concise, portable and fully updated edition of Park's The Pediatric Cardiology Handbook. Designed as a companion to Dr. Park's larger text, Pedi...
By Davis Instruments
mpn: 210 illustrations, ean: 9780803610057, isbn: 080361005X,
"A much needed resource -- fills a gap in pediatric NP education. Well written." -- Zendi Moldenhauer, MS, RN-CS, PNP, NPP, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York"Excellent for advanced assessment course for our family nurse practitioner studen...
By Marilyn J Hockenberry
ean: 9780323053549, isbn: 0323053548,
Carry all of the most essential knowledge on pediatric care in your pocket with the Clinical Companion for Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing! This indispensable guide from the authors of the most trusted pediatric nursing textbook on the marke...
By LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS WILKINS
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9781451192414, isbn: 145119241X,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Pediatric Nursing Clinical Guide is a pocket-sized clinical ...
By FaithWords/Hachette Book Group
mpn: 080602, ean: 9780316779241, isbn: 0316779245,
A fully revised edition of the Dr. Sears guide to breastfeeding, a perennial favorite for parents for nearly two decades.From pediatric experts Martha Sears, R.N., and William Sears, M.D., a comprehensive, reassuring, authoritative information on:How...