Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 11% on the Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook by Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. ''This handbook serves the needs of undergraduate medical students ,nursing students and is good refresher for Pediatric post graduates.'' Reviewed by:
"This handbook serves the needs of undergraduate medical students ,nursing students and is good refresher for Pediatric post graduates." Reviewed by: Neel Kamal, Date: Aug. 14
This portable, photo-rich guide to physical examination for Nurse Practitioners and other primary care providers will help you develop the unique range of skills required to assess children of all ages. System chapters begin with embryological development and review the key developmental stages of childhood. For infants and young children, this step-by-step guide uses the "quiet-to-active" approach favored by pediatric experts and considered more effective for this age-group than the traditional head-to-toe approach used for adults. Other key topics include pediatric mental health assessment and growth and development screening and surveillance.
- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to the examination of infants and young children, starting with listening and moving on to touching, the pediatric assessment approach that yields the best results in this age group.
- More than 300 photos and line drawings facilitate learning and familiarize you with common assessment findings.
- Information Gathering tables highlight questions and data needed from the patient/guardian, with questions conveniently separated by age group, to help you take an accurate history.
- Charting examples show you how to record physical examination findings in the health record and acquaint you with documentation language and format.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight effective physical examination findings and techniques gleaned from actual practice.
- Coverage of assessment of the preterm infant equips you with practical tools for assessing this unique pediatric population.
- Full-color format facilitates readability and learning.
- An easy-access two-column format provides quick access to concise information.
- Spiral binding lets you lay the book flat or fold it back for easy visualization and quick reference in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of growth and development screening and surveillance reviews the methods and tools used for screening children for developmental delays and emotional and behavioral problems ― one of the most challenging aspects of well-child care.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of history-taking and charting, with special emphasis on electronic charting, dermatologic assessment of more darkly pigmented skin, and adolescent assessment, provides valuable, need-to-know information.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of pediatric mental health assessment, including depression and anxiety, better equips you to assess for the 70% of adolescent mental health disorders that are thought to be unrecognized and untreated.
- NEW! Family, Cultural, and Racial Considerations sections address the increasingly important areas of family and cultural assessment to prepare you for differences to anticipate when assessing children of different cultural or racial groups.
- NEW! Enhanced illustration program featuring more than 50 new photos and illustrations better prepares you for clinical practice.
- NEW Summary of Examination lists at the end of each examination chapter highlight key assessment points associated with each body system and serve as a convenient quick reference and learning aid.
- NEW! Evidence-Based Practice Tips highlight useful research findings that guide you in your clinical practice.
- NEW! New and updated content on congenital and acquired heart disease, disorders of sexual differentiation, and sports-related concussions, as well as updated autism screening guidelines and World Health Organization (WHO) growth charts, highlights important trends in pediatric primary care practice.
- NEW! Improved Environmental Health History chapter, with new information on exposure to lead and endocrine-disrupting chemicals, culture-specific exposures, and diagnostic testing, addresses key toxicants and guides you in performing an environmental health screening history and establishing a risk profile for exposure to environmental pollutants.
- NEW! Attractive new design improves readability and usability, as well as learning and reference value.
|Item Weight:||0.95 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.2 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: LWW
mpn: 9781451144109, ean: 9781451144109, isbn: 1451144105,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Atlas of Procedures in Neonatology, Fifth Edition Neonatal ...
By Springer Publishing Company
ean: 9780826174437, isbn: 0826174434,
“The text is… a core text for any program preparing individuals for advanced practice roles in perinatal and neonatal care, and it should be a resource in every setting providing care to neonates. At all levels of practice, it serves as a conveni...
By Springer Publishing Company
ean: 9780826121899, isbn: 0826121896,
Physical Assessment of the Newborn, 5th Edition, is a comprehensive text with a wealth of detailed information on the assessment of the newborn. This valuable and essential resource illustrates the principles and skills needed to gather assessment da...
By McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
ean: 9780071848541, isbn: 0071848541,
The most practical, up-to-date, well-referenced guide to the diagnosis and treatment of the medical problems of children – from birth to adolescence A Doody's Core Title for 2017!· Organized by general topics and by organ systems...
By Brand: Brookes Publishing
ean: 9781598570533, isbn: 1598570536,
With video clips that show the interventions in action! For SLPs preparing to work with children who have autism spectrum disorders, selecting effective interventions for communication and social challenges is critically important. This accessible t...
By Lexi-Comp Inc
ean: 9781591953654, isbn: 1591953650,
The Pediatric & Neonatal Dosing Handbook includes more than 1,000 drug monographs featuring concise fields of information specific to neonates and children. It follows a convenient, dictionary-like format, with drug products alphabetically organized ...
By Brookes Publishing
ean: 9781598579796, isbn: 1598579797,
Thoroughly updated to meet the needs of today's students in SLP courses, the second edition of this classic textbook prepares future professionals to evaluate, compare, select, and apply effective interventions for language disorders in children. Us...
By American Academy of Pediatrics
ean: 9781610020879, isbn: 1610020871,
The gold-standard guide from the AAP and ACOG -- newly updated and more valuable than ever! Significantly revised and updated, the new 8th edition of this bestselling manual provides the latest recommendations on quality care of pregnant women, their...
By American Academy of Pediatrics
ean: 9781610020206, isbn: 1610020200,
This bestselling quick reference guide from the American Academy of Pediatrics provides practical and concise guidance on the recognition and treatment of more than 100 pediatric and adolescent skin conditions. Includes more than 300 full color ima...
By Charles C Thomas Pub Ltd
ean: 9780398092122, isbn: 0398092125,
Revised edition of The handbook of child life, c2009. Child life is a profession that draws on the insights of history, sociology, anthropology and psychology to serve children and families in many critical stress points in their lives, but especiall...