Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry
Huge Savings Item! Save 11% on the Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry by Elsevier at Diseasome. MPN: 9780323055932. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Use your knowledge of pharmacology to enhance oral care! Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry, 6th Edition describes how to evaluate a
Use your knowledge of pharmacology to enhance oral care! Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry, 6th Edition describes how to evaluate a patient’s health and optimize dental treatment by factoring in the drugs they take. It explores the basic fundamentals of pharmacology, special topics such as pain control, fear and anxiety, and oral complications of cancer therapy, and most importantly, the actions of specific drug groups on the human body. Whether you’re concerned about the drugs a patient is already taking or the drugs you prescribe for treatment, this book helps you reduce risk and provide effective dental care.
- An emphasis on the dental applications of pharmacology relates drugs to dental considerations in clinical practice.
- Dental aspects of many drug classes are expanded to include antibiotics, analgesics, and anesthetics.
- The Alternative Medicine in Dentistry chapter discusses chemicals used as alternative medicines and assesses their potential benefits and risks.
- The Nonopioid Analgesics chapter groups together non-opioid analgesics, nonsterioidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and antirheumatic and antigout drugs, making these easier to locate and study.
- Coverage of the endocrine system includes four separate chapters for the most comprehensive coverage.
- Drug Interactions in Clinical Dentistry appendix lists potential interactions between drugs a patient is taking for nondental conditions and drugs that may be used or prescribed during dental treatment, including effects and recommendations.
- Glossary of Abbreviations appendix includes the most common abbreviations used for drugs or conditions.
- New Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics chapter covers the effects of genetic traits of patients on their responses to drugs.
- A NEW introductory section offers tips for the study of dental pharmacology and relates pharmacology to dental considerations.
- An updated discussion of drug-drug interactions covers the harmful effects of mixing medications.
- Coverage of adverse effects and mechanisms of COX-2 inhibitors, antibiotic prophylaxis, and antiplaque agents explains the dental risks relating to common drug treatments.
|Item Weight:||4.75 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.7 x 1.6 x 1.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Elsevier, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
ean: 9780071613729, isbn: 0071613722,
NBDE Part II-style questions written by dental students who just took the exam Put the proven First Aid formula to work for you! Part of the time-tested First Aid review series, First Aid Q&A for the NBDE Part II delivers 600+ board-style review que...
ean: 9780323065580, isbn: 0323065589,
Easy to read and easy to follow, Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 6th Edition provides an understanding of the basic principles of pharmacology. It covers the most common drugs that you will encounter in clinical practice ―the drugs a...
By Lexi-Comp Inc
ean: 9781591953562, isbn: 1591953561,
The Lexicomp Drug Information Handbook for Dentistry has been helping dental professionals enhance patient care for over 20 years. Information is presented in an easy-to-use, two-column format, with medications alphabetically indexed by brand and gen...
By Lexi-Comp Inc
ean: 9781591953630, isbn: 1591953634,
The Lexicomp Drug Information Handbook for Dentistry, 23rd Edition, is the best-selling dental reference designed for any dental professional seeking clinically relevant information on medications, OTCs, and herbal products. Information is presented ...
ean: 9780323481113, isbn: 0323481116,
No dental office should be without this quick-reference drug guide! Mosby's Dental Drug Reference, 12th Edition profiles the most commonly used drugs in dentistry, with emphasis on dental-specific considerations. More than 800 drug monographs make i...
ean: 9780323171113, isbn: 0323171117,
Covering the most commonly used drugs in dentistry, Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 7th Edition provides an in-depth understanding of the pharmacologic principles needed for safe and effective dental treatment and oral health care. It ...
By Oxford University Press
sku: 019262457120111002, ean: 9780192624574, isbn: 0192624571,
Twenty-five years ago most people accepoted that extraction of teeth was an inevitable part of life. Now, this attitude has changed and an increasingly large proportion of the population has realized that oral disease can, to a very large extent, be ...
By Oxford University Press
sku: GD-008-39-8612108, ean: 9780192625991, isbn: 0192625993,
This updated edition addresses many of the advances made in this area since publication of the first edition seven years ago. In particular, the authors have extensively revised the section on adverse drug reactions affecting the mouth and associated...
By S. Karger
ean: 9783805529617, isbn: 3805529619,
Dietetics & nutrition; Personal & public health; Public health & preventive medicine...
mpn: biography, ean: 9783642477997, isbn: 3642477992,