Treatment of Endodontic Infections
On Sale Now! Save 9% on the Treatment of Endodontic Infections by Quintessence Pub Co at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The ultimate goal of endodontic treatment is either to prevent the development of apical periodontitis or to create adequate conditions for
The ultimate goal of endodontic treatment is either to prevent the development of apical periodontitis or to create adequate conditions for periradicular tissue healing. This book provides effective treatment options for achieving both goals. The first section of the book details the microbiologic and pathophysiologic aspects of apical periodontitis. The second section focuses on the principles and practice of predictable endodontic treatment and the prevention of apical periodontitis. In this way, a thorough understanding of disease etiology, pathogenesis, and host-pathogen interaction issues sets the groundwork of effective endodontic treatment. By integrating current scientific knowledge with proven endodontic techniques, this book narrows the gap between research and clinical practice and offers an essential, well-informed text for students, clinicians, and researchers alike.
Section 1 The infection
1. Endodontic Infections and the Etiology of Apical Periodontitis
2. The Invaders: Bacterial Biofilm Communities and Pathogenicity
3. The Defense: Host-Pathogen Interactions and Immune Response
4. The Disease: Clinical Manifestations and Pathophysiology of Apical Periodontitis
5. Primary Endodontic Infections
6. Persistent and Secondary Endodontic Infections
7. Causes of Endodontic Treatment Failure
8. Causes of Persistent Post-treatment Pain in Endodontics
9. Systemic Implications of Endodontic Infections
Section 2 The treatment
10. Preventing Endodontic Infections
11. Controlling Endodontic Infections
12. Chemomechanical Preparation
13. Intracanal Medication
14. Obturation of the Root Canal System
15. Treating Failures: Retreatment and Periradicular Surgery
16. Endodontic Emergencies of Infectious Origin
17. Systemic Antibiotics in Endodontics
|Manufacturer:||Quintessence Pub Co|
|Publisher:||Quintessence Pub Co|
|Studio:||Quintessence Pub Co|
|Item Weight:||2.9 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Quintessence Pub Co, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Quintessence Pub Co
ean: 9780867156775, isbn: 0867156775,
This book is a compilation of practical information shared by some of the finest clinical endodontists in the world. Most of the chapters are short and focus on how to perform a single clinical procedure. They are written in simple language with ampl...
ean: 9781118452998, isbn: 1118452992,
Microsurgery in Endodontics provides the definitive reference to endodontic microsurgery, with instructive photographs and illustrations. Provides a definitive reference work on endodontic microsurgery Includes contributions from pioneers and innova...
By Quintessence Publishing Co., Inc.
ean: 9780867157314, isbn: 0867157313,
This book begins with a concise review of the basic science of tissues and then moves into diagnosis, treatment planning, and surgical procedures in endodontics, with an emphasis on the use of enhanced magnification, ultrasonic tips, micro-instrument...
By Quintessence Pub Co
ean: 9780867157208, isbn: 0867157208,
This book encourages endodontists to develop a sound technical and theoretical understanding of CBCT. The authors compare the capabilities of modern CBCT imaging with traditional radiography and also present vital information about image interpretati...