Master the important pathophysiology concepts you need to know with the most engaging and reader-friendly text available. Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life, Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition continues its tradition of delivering the most accurate information on treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease across the lifespan, giving you the fundamental knowledge needed to move forward in your nursing education and career. New additions include a new chapter on epigenetics, new content on rare diseases, a separate chapter for male and female reproductive alterations, streamlined features, simplified language, and fully updated information throughout.
NEW! Chapter on Epigenetics gives students knowledge and insight into key processes that influence normal and abnormal cell growth and development.NEW! Streamlined tables and flowcharts make information easier to access.NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the latest clinical findings and research across the full spectrum of pathophysiology.NEW! Additional content on rare diseases gives students a more comprehensive understanding of conditions that affect the human body.NEW! Division of Alterations of the Reproductive Systems chapter will now cover male and female reproductive systems in separate chapters.NEW! 25 additional illustrations bring key concepts to life.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology in the front matter section provides intro to the subject of pathophysiology and explains why it is important.
- Consistent presentation helps readers better distinguish pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations vividly depict clinical manifestations and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases.
- Lifespan coverage details age-specific conditions affecting pediatric, adult, and aging patients in depth.
- Algorithms throughout the text clarify disease progression.
- Risk Factor boxes alert readers to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Health Alert boxes highlight new developments in biologic research, diagnostic studies, preventive care, treatments, and more.
- Quick Check boxes test readers’ retention of important chapter concepts.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes and Pediatric Considerations boxes highlight key considerations for these demographics in relevant chapters.
- Did You Understand? sections provide a fast and efficient review of chapter content.
- Chapter outlines help readers find specific information with ease.
- Chapter introductions explain why chapter content is important and how it fits into a broader health care context.
- Key terms are bolded throughout the text for fast, easy reference.
- Glossary of selected terms familiarizes readers with the most difficult or important terminology.
- Additional online resources on Evolve companion website offers access to animations, review questions, key terms matching exercises, and more.
|Part Number:||colour tables|
|Item Weight:||5.2 pounds|
|Item Size:||8.5 x 1.7 x 1.7 inches|
|Package Weight:||5.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.43 x 1.89 x 1.89 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by imusti, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.