Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care
Mega Sale! Save 21% on the Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care by Brand: Mosby at Diseasome. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Master the patient assessment skills you need to provide effective respiratory therapy! Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care, 7th Edition
Master the patient assessment skills you need to provide effective respiratory therapy! Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care, 7th Edition prepares you to assist physicians as they make treatment decisions, evaluate the effectiveness of treatment, and determine if changes in the treatment need to be made. This edition expands coverage of infection control and cardiopulmonary symptoms, and follows a more logical progression through the many aspects of assessment. Written by Dr. Albert Heuer and Dr. Craig Scanlan, this comprehensive resource also helps you prepare for the NBRC CRT and RRT credentialing exams by cross-referencing material within the book to the NBRC exam matrices.
- A comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects of assessment, so you can assess patients effectively.
- Case studies offer real-life clinical scenarios challenging you to interpret data and make accurate patient assessments.
- Assessment questions help you review by reflecting the learning objectives and the NBRC Exam format, with answers including rationales for correct answer options.
- Ask Yourself boxes list questions that you should ask patients (e.g., coughing, sputum, shortness of breath) or ask yourself (e.g., lung sounds you are hearing, blood pressure, respiratory rate).
- Simply Stated boxes highlight and promote understanding of important concepts.
- Learning objectives, chapter outlines, chapter overviews, and key terms lists begin each chapter, preparing you for the key topics and content you will learn.
- Key Point summaries at the end of each chapter emphasize the learning objectives and provide an overview of important material.
- NEW! Correlation of content to the NBRC combined CRT/RRT exam matrices is provided on the Evolve companion website, helping you prepare for these difficult exams by cross-referencing material within the book to the NBRC exam matrices for the CRT and RRT credentialing exams.
- NEW! Emphasis on infection control includes expanded content on topics such as the prevention and treatment of VAP (ventilator-associated pneumonia) and nosocomial infections in the hospital and home setting.
- NEW or expanded coverage includes cardiopulmonary symptoms, neurologic assessment, blood gas interpretation, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- NEW! Expert authors Albert Heuer and Craig Scanlan are well-known, recognized educators in the field of respiratory therapy.
- NEW! List of common abbreviations on the inside front cover offers quick and easy access to abbreviations and acronyms used in the text and throughout the profession.
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.7 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.4 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: black & white line drawings, ean: 9780323320986, isbn: 0323320988,
Corresponding to the chapters in Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation, 6th Edition, this workbook helps readers focus their study on the most important information and prepare for the NBRC certification exam. A wide range of exercises includes crossword ...
mpn: Approx. 412 illustrations, ean: 9780323241342, isbn: 0323241344,
Find out how and what to review for the all-new 2015 National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Exam with The Comprehensive Respiratory Therapist's Exam Review, 6th Edition. It covers every topic in the NBRC Detailed Content Outline, providing study h...
By F.A. Davis Company
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9780803626799, isbn: 0803626797,
Rely on this best-selling laboratory manual to provide the hands-on practice you need to confidently perform the most common to complex respiratory procedures for class and clinical. Step-by-step instructions with detailed diagrams and illustrations ...
mpn: Approx. 155 illustrations, ean: 9781455759033, isbn: 1455759031,
Prepare yourself for the new 2015 NBRC credentialing examination with the most up-to-date review resource! Respiratory Care Exam Review, 4th Edition contains everything you need to review and prepare for the new Therapist Multiple-Choice Examination ...
mpn: Illustrated, ean: 9780323299732, isbn: 0323299733,
The Workbook for Rau's Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 9th Edition features a variety of engaging learning exercises for each of the 23 chapters in the core text. Examples include NBRC-type questions, critical thinking exercises, case studies, definit...
By Independently published
ean: 9781521296417, isbn: 1521296413,
Are you worried about the side effects of pharmaceutical medicines? Discover natural solutions to safely treat a wide variety of common health issues.Are you struggling with health problems like acne, anxiety, or allergies that just won't go away? Ha...
ean: 9780323416375, isbn: 0323416373,
Prepare to think critically, take a more clinical perspective, and connect theory with practice! Written specifically for respiratory care students in an easy-to-understand format, Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Pra...
By Brand: Mosby
ean: 9780323358521, isbn: 0323358527,
Keyed chapter-by-chapter to the market-leading text, Workbook for Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 11th Edition is filled with more NBRC-style, case study application, and analysis-style questions that prepare you to excel on exams. This co...
mpn: Approx. 371 illustrations (371 in full c, ean: 9780323320092, isbn: 0323320090,
Learn everything you need to safely and compassionately care for patients requiring ventilator support with Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications, 6th Edition. Known for its simple explanations and in-depth coverag...
mpn: Approx. 286 illustrations (281 in full c, ean: 9780323299688, isbn: 0323299687,
Take the easiest path to respiratory pharmacology mastery with Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 9th Edition. With broken-down terminology, relatable explanations, and reader-friendly writing, Rau simplifies the process of learning pharmacology ...