Withrow and MacEwen's Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 5e
Super Savings Item! Save 32% on the Withrow and MacEwen's Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 5e by Brand: Saunders at Diseasome. MPN: 43190-519208. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. With a unique focus on the most effective interventional techniques, Withrow & MacEwen's Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 5th Edition tells the full
With a unique focus on the most effective interventional techniques, Withrow & MacEwen's Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 5th Edition tells the full story of cancer in dogs and cats ― what it is, how to diagnose it, and how to treat many of the most common cancers encountered in clinical practice. Nearly 500 color photographs, diagrams, x-rays, and gross views depict the clinical manifestations of various cancers. This edition covers the latest advances in clinical oncology, including chemotherapy, surgical oncology, and diagnostic techniques. With contributions from 65 veterinary oncology experts, this authoritative reference is a must-have for current, evidence-based therapeutic strategies on canine and feline oncology.
"I really love this book. If you are interested in veterinary oncology, have a flick through this book online or at a conference when you get the chance. I hope that you agree with me that this is the definitive oncology reference source for the early 21st century and that you feel compelled to buy it. Your patients will thank you for it." Reviewed by: Gerry Polton MA VetMB MSc(Clin Onc) DipECVIM-CA(Onc) MRCVS, UK Date: July 2014
- Cutting-edge information on the complications of cancer, pain management, and the latest treatment modalities prepares you to diagnose and treat pets with cancer rather than refer cases to a specialist.
- A consistent format for chapters on body system tumors includes coverage of incidence and risk factors, pathology, natural behavior of tumors, history and clinical signs, diagnostic techniques and workup, treatment options, and prognosis for specific malignancies.
- A systems approach to the diagnosis and management of cancer facilitates access to information about the many malignancies affecting small animal patients.
- Nearly 500 color images provide accurate depictions of specific diseases and procedures.
- Helpful drug formularies provide quick access to information on indications, toxicities, and recommended dosages for chemotherapeutic and analgesic drugs used in cancer treatment.
- Expert contributors provide in-depth coverage of the most current information in his or her respective specialty in veterinary oncology.
- Chemotherapy protocols are included when case studies prove clinical efficacy.
- Discussion of compassion and supportive care for the management of pain, nutritional needs, and grief includes methods for handling the pet’s pain and nutritional complications as well as the pet owner’s grief when treatment is not successful.
- Thoroughly UPDATED chapters cover the most recent changes in the clinical management of melanoma, mast cell tumors, tumors of the skeletal system, tumors of the endocrine system, tumors of the mammary gland, urinary cancers, nervous system cancers, lymphoma, and histiocytic diseases.
- NEW Clinical Trials and Developmental Therapeutics chapter discusses the various phases of clinical trials as well as current challenges and opportunities in oncology drug development.
- NEW! A focus on the best recommended treatment options highlights therapeutic strategies that have been vetted by veterinary oncology experts.
- NEW co-author Dr. Rodney L. Page adds his valuable perspective, expertise, and research experience.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.7 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Saunders, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 39025363, ean: 9780323086820, isbn: 0323086829,
With hundreds of images and a practical clinical emphasis, Small Animal Internal Medicine, 5th Edition helps you recognize, diagnose, and treat common internal disorders and conditions. Clear, step-by-step guidelines thoroughly describe commonly perf...
ean: 9780323320658, isbn: 0323320651,
Focus on the "how" and "why" of medical/surgical conditions ― the critical issues that lead to successful outcomes for your patients ― with Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal, Second Edition. This two-volume full-color resource offers an authoritat...
mpn: 9780323376518, ean: 9780323376518, isbn: 0323376517,
Streamlined for practical, everyday use in the clinic, Small Animal Dermatology: A Color Atlas and Therapeutic Guide, 4th Edition provides concise, thorough information on more than 250 skin diseases affecting small animals. More than 1,400 high-qual...
mpn: Approx. 2050 illustrations, ean: 9781455703647, isbn: 1455703648,
Covering the principles of radiographic technique and interpretation for dogs, cats, and horses, Textbook of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology, 6th Edition helps you develop proficiency in diagnostic skills. High-quality radiographic images accompany c...
By Brand: Mosby
mpn: 9780323100793, ean: 9780323100793, isbn: 0323100791,
The fourth edition of Small Animal Surgery serves as a one-stop resource for authoritative information on all aspects of small animal surgery. Coverage includes basic procedures such as spays, castrations, and declaws, as well as more advanced surger...
mpn: 9780323172929, ean: 9780323172929, isbn: 032317292X,
No other quick reference comes close in covering the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of diseases in dogs and cats. Etienne Cote's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition is like six books in one;-- with concise topics within sect...
By Ettinger Stephen J
mpn: 45368109, ean: 9780323312110, isbn: 032331211X,
Your days spent fruitlessly scouring textbooks and websites for credible vet information are over! Now you can get the whole story ― the accurate story ― all in one place. Introducing The Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Expert Consult, ...